Haha... well, haven't blog for a really long time so i'm gonna do a quick one now.. well, i'll start from when i got my results back...
Wait, wait. Lemme rephrase that. I mean when I got Christ in me's results back. And the Christ in me did well, really well... haha... He even got into the school of my choice... The Lord is faithful..
To tell the truth.. I've been trusting Him for admisssion into NUS High for a really long time. Ever since I laid eyes on the poster for DSA into the sch I've told the Lord that thats really where I wanna spent my sec sch life. But I've no idea as for why. I guess i'll find out soon. What I really wanna say is, if u're truly trusting God for something thats gonna be gd for you, He'll surely give it to you. Take this as an example. You know, actually I wasnt accepted into the sch. And the chances of me going into the school was slim. All my friends and relatives said that I wouldn't get in. But I held on to the One that prevails. The minute ever since I stepped into the school hall to take the Maths and Science test, I held on to Him. I prayed over that paper that would get me into the NUS High DSA camp. But the truth was that the paper was awfully hard. It was on bio, chem, physic and all the stuff that you'll only learn at secondary school. All kinds of 'chim' stuff... My friends who went with me even doubted that they would pass the paper. My friend who got second in standard for the whole of Tao Nan said so! And I got like ten or sth.. Which means that she was smarter than me right? To tell the truth, I doubted that I would get to even the camp.
But you know what? I had a saviour in me who was the one that created the whole wide world. So He'll definitely know how to answer all the questions right? And He prevailed... Haha... I stil remember.. I was waiting for the email so that I would know whether I got into the camp thingy. And all my friends didnt get in. yepp... Even the second in standard one... And I wasnt home that night.. Haha... funny how I can still remember it so clearly. I was at vonne's hse.. as in shavonne.. And well, I didnt receive that email. Or that was what I thought till shavonne saw me feeling so nervous and helped me check my mail again.. And guess what... the mail was in the junk mail folder and me, ever so goondoo but cured in Jesus's name didnt see it... Haha.. Thank God for friends like Shavonne who brought me to DARE, made me join cg [yeah.. I was forced to.. although I like it now.. hehs..] and help me find that mail.. She's been a blessing to me just as i've been to her[teachin her guitar.. muahahah] and I believe that God will bless me through her even more..
Well, back to my story.. Guess what? I was the only one who got into camp. Think for a second... I was the only one in the best class in Tao Nan who got into camp. How was that possible? And me? Of all people? I'm not smart. Really. Check my results. I'm good. But not great. But I have a God in me. Yes, I'm a small girl, powerless, but I have a great big God in me. The Lord of Hosts. I like that. It means the Lord who fights for His people. Me!! Hahas.. I was really touched by Him that night.
And so I went for camp. It was at the Science center. And well, out of like 300 people at camp, more than half of them are in the gifted programme. Which means that I was at a disadvantage. A big disadvantage. And all thanks to stupid me[last time, last time] thinking that, I didnt get in... I was on the waiting list. But it really was tough.. There was like more than half of the people in my grp who understand all this stuff bout number bases and air pressure[rocket stuff] and all while I was the only one who didnt get anything.. There was even this guy who figure out how to do physic just after a little prompting from our mentor... Never mind... Oh and I screwed up bad when we were doing bio and dunno running or sth[alright.. I fell... haiz...]
And waiting list practically meant that you'll never get in cos like I was the 170 out of the 300 people. About 125 people got in so like i'll have to bypass bout 45 people to get into the school. And to tell the truth, I almost gave up. I applied for dunman high and rgs instead... Screwed up big for rg by forgettin that there was a second page for the ws so i didnt complete the paper. And I got into dunman.
But when the day came for me to submit my DSA form for the schools of my choice who've accepted me I remembered that the Lord was an unfailing God. A faithful God who've never went back on His word. If He'd let me get into the camp and everything, why wouldnt He get me into the sch? So by faith, I put NUS High as my first choice, although it was on the waiting list. And guess what? I GOT IN!!! haha... it was funny how i found out about it.. My paper for the school i've admitted was accidently folded to the back so i didnt see it.. I went downstairs to the general office to ask which sch I've got into and got a scolding for not lookin properly.. But I guess I was a bit light headed over the great results that He had given me. Cant help it..
But my point is this. Dont give up faith even when the circumstances look bleak. For we, the children of God are not shaken by them. We are soaring high above all of that. So why fear. Perserve in your faith and you'll receive it.... Let not your heart be troubled and you shall get what it is that will stop the thing thats worrying you in the first place.. Dont give up. And if you already have, now pick up from where u left off and start trusting Him in areas of need again.
Because the thing is, I had doubted my admission a couple of times too.. But thanks to the great men and women of God that He has placed by my side, I was able to pick up from where I left off and perserve. I'm not strong. I doubt.. And I'm not boasting or anything about getting into this school. Because it wasnt my results that got me into this school. It was Christ. I beholded Him making a way for me into the school. I saw it first. And I called it forth. And I saw it be. Just like He saw light first. Then He called it forth. And then light became.
1 Corinthians 11:1
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
Haha...Imitate Paul? How? But we can imitate Christ. We can become an imitator of Christ. Well, we dont have to call each person's name twice, but we can imitate the way He works.. But beholding it first, calling it forth then seeing it be. Try it.. Honestly.. I DARE you to.. Haha... Thats what we've gotta do in different aspects of our life. Paul got it.. Have you? =)
belovedme<<6:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home